PL Premium is a revolutionary new construction adhesive that provides superior results and is safe touse. It may be used inside or outside and will last as long as the surface joins together. Because the bonding strength of PL Premium is so strong, much less adhesive is required to complete your projects. PL Premium is very easy to use, is waterproof, paintable, and exhibits low odour.
- Surface temperatures above 5oC (40oF) are recommended.
- Surface must be completely dry, free of moisture, and clean.
- PL Premium comes ready to use. Do not open cartridges until preparatory work has been completed. Cut nozzle to desired size opening.
- Place the cartridge in caulking gun and puncture the seal inside the nozzle.
- Apply the adhesive with a steady pressure.
- Bond and support the assembly until the adhesive has set. (12 hours)
- Spray a mist of water in joints where thick cross sections are present to aide in cure.
- PL Premium has low toxicity, non flammable/non combustible – very low odour, it is environmentally safer than any other conventional adhesive.
- PL Premium works fast – up to three times faster than anything else on the market today and that means more productivity on the job.
- PL Premium is so strong that it offers twice the coverage of conventional adhesives. It is also waterproof and useable in all climate extremes. Bonds can be made in temperatures ranging from – 18oC (0oF) to 204oC (400oF).
SUPPORT IS REQUIRED UNTIL THE ADHESIVE HAS SET. SETTING TIME MAY VARY DEPENDING ON THE % OF HUMIDITY DURING THE CURING PERIOD AND THE TEMPERATURE.
- Working Time:
- You can work with the adhesives up to 45 minutes.
- After completion of your work, seal all opening tightly with aluminum foil. Wrap the foil tightly around nozzle and seal it with a piece of scotch tape or in the case of squeeze tubes, apply Vaseline around the cap area prior to replacing the cap.
- A 300 ml. cartridge seals 24 lineal feet in a 1/4″ X 1/4″ joint. A 825 ml. cartridge seals 66 lineal feet in a 1/4″ X 1/4″ joint.
- Cures by:
- Reacting with moisture. At higher levels of moisture, the cure rate will be faster. At lower moisture levels the cure rate will be slower.
- Curing Rate:
- A 1/4 inch bead cures in approximately 16 – 24 hours at 25oC (78oF) and 50% relative humidity.
- Clean up:
- Immediately after use, clean equipment with Acetone of Mineral spirits. Cured sealant can be removed by cutting with a sharp edged tool, thin films by abrading.
- Additional Features:
- Can be painted, sanded. PL Premium cures even in cold temperatures.
- Shelf Life:
- 1 year in unopened tubes at 24oC (75oF), 50% relative humidity.
For the BEST Performance:
- Wear disposable gloves while using PL Premium or staining of the hands will occur because of moisture in the skin. Staining will disappear in about 3 days.
- Be very careful not to allow PL Premium to cure on a finished surface. It is next to impossible to remove without sanding. Solvent have little effect on PL Premium once cured.
- PL Premium does not bond well to certain Plastics. Test a piece for adhesion.
The information given and recommendations made herein are based on our research and are believed to be accurate but no guarantee of their accuracy is made. In every case we urge and recommended that purchasers before using any product in full scale production make their own test to determine to their satisfaction whether the product is of acceptable quality and is suitable for their particular purpose under their own operating conditions. The products discussed herein are sold without any warranty as to merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or any other warranty, express of implied. No representative of ours has any authority to waive of change the foregoing provisions. Nothing contained herein shall be construed to imply the non-existence of any relevant patents or to constitute a permission, inducement or recommendation to practice any invention covered by any patent, without authority from the owner of the patent.